After Hours Claims
At North Blenheim Mutual, we've worked hard to develop a reputation for superior insurance claims service with personal concern. We offer claims service that's caring, fast, and fair.
During Business Hours
What's my first step after I've had a loss?
During regular business hours (Monday – Friday, 8:30am – 4:30pm),
Call us at 519-454-8661 or 1-800-665-6888, or click on "start a claim" to start the process immediately.
After hours please call 1-833-53CLAIM (1-833-532-5246)
What do I need to know about a property loss?
- Do make every effort to secure your property and prevent further loss. Notify the police if necessary.
- Do contact us with the following information:
- An address and telephone number where you can be contacted
- Record in as much detail as possible the loss event
- Your policy number
- Don't start any repairs without your agent evaluating the damage first
What do I need to know about an auto loss?
- Do call the police if necessary- get your responding officer’s name and badge number
- Do get as much of the following information as possible:
- Names, addresses, telephone numbers, insurance companies and policy numbers of all parties involved, and witnesses
- Address and telephone number of the location of your vehicle, if towed
- Don't discuss blame with other the other party involved
- Don't be pressured into signing work orders at unfamiliar shops
- Do not make repairs beyond what is needed for protection of the automobile, or remove evidence of the damage, without our written consent. We may need to inspect the automobile before any repairs are completed.
- Do complete the Proof of Loss (statutory declaration) within 90 days of the incident. The declaration will describe what happened in detail, the cause and amount of the loss, those affected and how, and state that the loss was accidental. It will also disclose if any other insurance is involved.
Beginning in January 2017, changes will take place to Ontario’s Consumer Protection Act and will include specific measures related to towing. Some of the changes include:
- Receiving permission from a consumer before providing service. A consumer may choose to have their vehicle towed to their home or any facility of their choice. PLEASE DIRECT THE INSURED TO HAVE IT TOWED TO THEIR HOME OR A REPAIR FACILITY OF THEIR CHOICE.
- Provide in writing information about where the vehicle will be towed, along with the provider’s business name and contact information
- Consumers will be able to pay for services by credit card or cash
- An itemized bill will be provided listing the services that were provided, along with the cost for each, before payment is received
- Tow trucks will be required to list the provider’s name and telephone number on the side of the truck
- Consumers can obtain access to their towed vehicle, at no cost, to remove personal property between 8:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. on business days
- Providers must disclose if they are receiving any incentive for recommending towing a vehicle to a specific facility