After Hours Claims
At North Blenheim Mutual, we've worked hard to develop a reputation for superior insurance claims service with personal concern. We offer claims service that's caring, fast, and fair.
Insurance that gives backWe strive to charge only what we need to, and if our Board of Directors deems that we have collected more than we need for the claims presented to us, we give back! We have mailed refund cheques 6 times in the last 10 years.
Proudly Canadian and owned by youWe are a Canadian company owned and run by our policyholders. Our board of directors are members of your community and are elected by our policyholders at our annual meeting. The board meets once a month to direct and guide the company.
Non-profit philosophyWe operate on a non-profit philosophy. Our sources of income are policy premiums and investment income, and our expenses consist of claims and administration costs. Any surplus remains in the company and benefits our policyholders by reducing their premiums and ensuring the financial stability of the company. This non-profit philosophy means your insurance dollar is working hard for you.
Strength in numbersWe are affiliated with a large group of mutual insurance companies, most of whom are like us, and have been operating for over 150 years. As a group, we are among the most financially secure insurers in the world and are one of the largest property insurers in Ontario. We have the strength and stability that guarantees claims can be paid in the event of a disaster. Each mutual backs every other mutual through the Fire Mutuals Guarantee Fund and the Farm Mutual Reinsurance Plan Inc. which ensures that we will be there for you when you need us.
We have the strength and stability that guarantees claims can be paid in the event of a disaster. Each mutual backs every other mutual through the Fire Mutuals Guarantee Fund and the Farm Mutual Reinsurance Plan Inc. which ensures that we will be there for you when you need us.
Beginning in January 2017, changes will take place to Ontario’s Consumer Protection Act and will include specific measures related to towing. Some of the changes include:
• Receiving permission from a consumer before providing service. A consumer may choose to have their vehicle towed to their home or any facility of their choice. PLEASE DIRECT THE INSURED TO HAVE IT TOWED TO THEIR HOME OR A REPAIR FACILITY OF THEIR CHOICE.
• Provide in writing information about where the vehicle will be towed, along with the provider’s business name and contact information.
• Consumers will be able to pay for services by credit card or cash.
• An itemized bill will be provided listing the services that were provided, along with the cost for each, before payment is received.
• Tow trucks will be required to list the provider’s name and telephone number on the side of the truck.
• Consumers can obtain access to their towed vehicle, at no cost, to remove personal property between 8:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. on business days.
• Providers must disclose if they are receiving any incentive for recommending towing a vehicle to a specific facility.